CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Welcome to summer

We welcomed in Summer with the usual.

We started with Popsicles. One sunny afternoon we opened a big box of them and decided to share them with the neighbor kids. The street was full of kids riding bikes and writing on the sidewalks with chalk. Everyone was out to enjoy freedom in the sun. So we shared our Popsicles and got lots of smiles in return. Later on in the week we enjoyed a fire pit with the Madrugas in their backyard. It has been a summer tradition since we moved here four years ago. Late nights making smores and telling stories.

This week we hit the American Fork Rec Center pool. Wow the pool was crowded!!! I walked in and was ready to turn around and walk out. The crowd made me nervous.  I get nervous with my girls and water because they don't know how to swim yet. It was noisy and busy and so hard to keep an eye on them while holding Lyla. But I stayed for nearly three hours and the girls had a blast. They played so well together, splashing, going down the slide, jumping in (the little end of course not deep end) and, making new friends. It reminded me of summers with my sisters at the little local YMCA pool in Ridgemont neighborhood of Rowland Heights. I'm so glad my girls are making the same memories.



This year summer is going to be super fantastic. I love summer!!! I love the heat, the sun and its warmth, clear skies, free days, giggles, water splashing, ice cream and everything else that comes with it.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

It looks so beautiful up there! I love summer too! Long, relaxing, fun filled days!

Crystal Escobar said...

oh sounds like good times. Love the pictures!