I was preparing to run a marathon, nursing a baby and just barely getting time with my husband after a very long campaign year. My little Lyla was only 8 months old. I was 90% sure I was finished having babies and told everyone three was the magic number. And then....I got pregnant. I found out in August. Not my plan!!! A big surprise. I was deflated, overwhelmed and disappointed. At times I even felt angry. I know I should not confess these feelings but that's how I felt. Luckily my husband and girls were very excited. My family was excited. Kelle and Sidney were excited. So I"m grateful for them and their support. Of course I had a few family members act like complete jerks and not hold back their opinions on big families but they can kiss my grits!!! It is what it is. As much as I was disappointed I felt this must be Gods plan for me and I needed to get on board with it. Its December, I am now 20 weeks pregnant and I had my ultrasound yesterday. I finally feel a bit of relief and excitement. It appears to be a healthy baby girl! I love little girls. I know she will bring more joy to our family. I had to drop out of the marathon and quit nursing Lyla. We have had to ignore comments of those who don't agree with our pregnancy. I have been tired but it will get better and be worth it. I can't wait to meet her!!! Lyla will have her own best friend like Lauren and Lindsay have in each other. I can keep my upstairs pink!!!! Life is good.
PS: It was the St George Marathon I dropped out of. I still ran my half in Bryce Canyon, loved it and beat my best time!!!!
Late last night, Christian picked up UMI from the airport!
She is staying with us for a few weeks to get to know her youngest
and last grandbaby, and be h...
5 months ago




1 comment:
Don't spend a second thinking about the unkind comments of others. You have so much to be happy about in your life! There is nothing better than a new baby to join your family! I'm excited for you! Marathons will always be there and you will run one again and do awesome. Live in the moment and enjoy your last pregnancy and baby girl!
Post a Comment